Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Mama Mia!

The last few days I have had an incredible urge to make fresh pasta. I think I was craving the fresh smell and the satisfying process of making it more than the taste.
Today with the help of my beautiful mum - we got to work making kilos of fettucini infused with black peppercorns and fresh herbs from the garden.



Mum was quite amused when I told her about my undying desire to make pasta. It seems that all those years ago when she was 9.5 months pregnant with me she also had the urge to make large quantities of fresh homemade pasta. She even pulled out the old photos.


That's my beautiful mum on the right and below is my gorgeous dad.



We had such a great morning together sharing stories and perfecting our pasta making skills that we think we may make a regular event of it. Who would possibly want to buy pasta when it's so easy, cheap, and much healthier to make!

Do you have any crazy nesting stories that passed through generations??
If so, I would love to hear them!

Bon Appetit!
xox


1 comment:

Katy said...

When I was about 36 weeks pregnant with my daughter I suddenly developed a taste for olives & chocolate together - which yes was a little strange for me. I also changed the house around almost everyday, including getting stuck under our bed one day when I misjudged the size of my belly! Somehow I managed to drop or break every casserole dish lid in our home too! But Chloe is 3 now & we got through the lovely time of the last month of pregnancy.......enjoy it.....and watch some movies now! Not that you can't later it is just a little less eventful now.