Saturday, March 6, 2010

Baby Belly Blessings....


Totally surrounded by love.
Today my dearest Mum, little sister and good friend teamed together to put on a beautiful baby belly blessing for me.
A 'no frills' baby shower I suppose.

Instead of playing the usual baby games -
Each lady bought along a special bead to be threaded onto a birthing necklace for me.
They also bought a favorite family recipe to write in my recipe journal.
The table was decorated with a single beautiful white rose bush for me to plant the placenta on, and we all shared delicious food and each other's company.

My beautiful mum and sister made candles for each of the ladies to light when I go into labor so I can think of all these empowered women and their flickering candles while birthing my baby.

My dear friend Kristy gave out her homemade tea for all the ladies to enjoy. And my beautiful friend Sarah made little affirmation cards for all the ladies to share their motherhood advice with me.

No 'fisher price' presents, no hundred and one baby jump suits.... just a hand full of beautiful women and a whole lot of
heart and soul.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

3 comments:

Amber said...

Oh i just found your blog. Good luck to you beautiful lady. I have a cherub who is nine weeks old and i am blissfully happy with this new angel. May your journey be wonderful and full of love..xx

gayle said...

hard to believe you look even more beautiful than usual.

Megan.K. said...

This way of celebrating a pregnant woman is just perfect. You don't need all the expensive pressies - better to have the love and support of your women friends and family as you approach birth. The blessing held for me before I gave birth to Maddison was such a treasured day.

Enjoy these last belly days Tara! Much love to you. x