Sunday, November 8, 2009

Some Memory....

Yesterday I had the opportunity to rekindle with a dear childhood memory while spending time with my 4 year old niece as she watched with delight the 2006 version of Charlottes Web.

I was ever so impressed with the film as it painted the picture of my favorite childhood novel just as I had imagined it to be in the 1952 original book.



With buttercup baths in the kitchen sink...



And delicate friendships between unlikely creatures...

 

As I sat and watched I began to remember how I always wished I could live on Zuckerman's farm with all those amazing animals. From this novel grew my peculiar habit of chatting to spiders and wishing I had a little pet pig to bath in buttercup and read stories to.

As I've grown older I look forward to sharing Charlotte's story with our little children and also delighting in some homemade inspiration.


Original aceo by Craftymoose


Little Pig original oil painting by DenDymentStudio.


Original mixed media collage by Artbyerinleigh.

 "I wove my webs for you because I liked you. After all, what's a life, anyway? We're born, we live a little while, we die. A spider's life can't help being something of a mess, with all this trapping and eating flies. By helping you, perhaps I was trying to lift up my life a trifle. Heaven knows anyone's life can stand a little of that."  ~ E.B White

1 comment:

Katy said...

I loved this book too! I have always read this to my daughter and now she is 3 she loves it and loves the movie - it is a great thing when you have babies - being albe to revisit all those lovely things from childhood.