Saturday, November 14, 2009

My Place ad Yours ~ Through the Front Door.....

Through the front gate and down our garden path you will find the front door to our new little 70 year old cottage (new to us)...



Beside our front door is a little potted fig where our own little front door guardian lives...



Now as you walk straight into our new little love nest, your are greeted by some of my most favorite things.... 
how I love to come home!
Large framed screen prints from Lockhart River, an old korean clock, an antique chinese cabinet that is home to our wedding photo, my grandparents wedding photo, crystals, a constantly bubbling oil burner, a tibetan signing bowl, and my daily affirmation book. Next to the cabinet sits a very old drum from Lockhart River and a huge comfy lounging bean bag that is sort of an extension of our little couch.





Directly next to our front door stands the little table my dad created for us to sign the register at our waterfall wedding. On this beautiful table sits bits and pieces we collected from Lockhart ~ our Lockhart River Beach wedding photos, shells found on the beach, a carved dugong, a traditional grass skirt, a dilly bag, a potted flowering orchid & some shell necklaces. Above this treasure table hangs our adopted grandma's last large painting before she passed away, next to the table is another drum, a vintage magazine cross everything basket and a beautifully growing peace lilly. Under the table are my readily used african market/shopping bags that I just don't leave the house without. 



How I love walking through our front door into our new little home that holds so many precious memories and little treasures we have collected from our journey together.
What I love coming home to most of all are......





My two little dogs... Todd (who likes to play dead on the rug) & Copper (who pulls innocent faces because he isn't meant to be inside). They always give me the most beautiful greeting when I arrive home!

What a delightful exploration through our front doors....
to peek inside more front doors head over to Meet Me @ Mikes and why not play along with My Place & Yours?

3 comments:

marian said...

what a glorious sanctuary..i love my buddhas & crystals too :))

The Back Shed said...

You have created a lovely little nest for you and your family.

Shelley Trbuhovich said...

oh how gorgeous! i love that you have surrounded yourself with things that are important and meaningful to you and they are apparent as soon as you step through that beautiful door of your's. my little one would be thrilled to see the 'red-eyed tree frog' taking care of you like that!