Friday, November 20, 2009

My Place ad Yours ~ My Collection

I'm just so delighted with this week's My Place & Yours theme...
It was very coincidental that I just happened to be heading up to my Nonna's (that's grandma in Italian) to salvage through her treasure  with hope to add to my ever expanding collections before she moves house. 

So here are some of my favorite things that I was ever so lucky to inherit...




Firstly, a beautiful little stool that my Nonno (granddad) made and used to sit on all the time, the basket I remember from 20 years ago when my Nonna & I used to fill it with home baked treats & coffee for the men working out on the farm, a number of gorgeous tea pots & expresso pots, a very very old Dr Pat tobacco tin, as well as a homemade silky oak cotton organizer....



Then to add to my collection of old suitcases (all with marvelous stories to tell) are these two beauties - the bottom one accompanied my Nonno on his journey from Italy to Australia and still has his name written inside, the top one was my Aunty's and I have very fond memories of playing with it on the farm many years ago. 


An old chair my nonno made as well as this absolutely amazing bird cage he made.... I am SO in love with this bird cage! 



Finally to add to our collection of tropical plants are many beautiful orchids straight from my Nonna's green house and this beautiful old clothes trolley I found sitting in the garden, which I look forward to filling with plants. 

It is so amazing how creative and self sufficient our grandparents were.... 
These bits and pieces are such sentimental additions to my existing collections, I'm sure I will cherish them forever. 

If your a curious collector check out what others have been collecting at Meet Me at Mikes

For now.... happy collecting! 
xox 

9 comments:

maybenextweek said...

Oh my, what beautiful treasures, especially those made by your Nonno! And some beautiful memories to go with them. Thanks for sharing!

Tricia said...

All so lovely! I love the suitcases - and especially that they have a story.

Kate said...

Wow, what a great bunch of treasures.Hey I wonder if the basket that I use to take the boys their morning and afternoon treats on the farm will one day be a treasure in someone's collection..

marian said...

ooooohh LUCKY YOU!!..love all your nonna's STUFF.. but especially the suitcases & the old washing trolley thingie :))

Redness said...

Oh what gorgeous treasures ... I love your "gatherings" ... bless Nonna ;) A beautiful and a very thoughtful lot! I only skimmed the surface of my collections ... isn't this fun :)

The Back Shed said...

Everything is so beautiful. Lucky you! I have an old clothes trolley like that one that I use.

Pip Lincolne said...

What lovely things! I love those espresso pots. Mine is my best friend and brews me coffee every morning! I love it that you can see how special these things are, and how many memories they hold. You are good. Yep.

Tanya said...

I love your photos as well as looking at the treaures. They are great.

DELiciousDesignz said...

That is such a beautiful collection of memories you have in each of your items. I love them all