Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Awaiting the Wilderness...

A quick trip to Bali has turned into a prolonged stay in Cairns with the family due to 'sorry business'. 
I'm longing to get back home to the wilderness to be comforted my loved ones ~ my little dogs and beautiful husband...

The boxes are loaded with food supplies to last a few months (till the next time we reach a woolwroths)& yes it's very hard to plan all meals & every kind of household supply for 2 months in advance... Living remotely had made me a very organized person.



I have a neat little collection of herbs including basil, parsley, mint & some little merigolds that I'm looking forward to nurturing and eventually using them to flavor our winter stews...


Two rolls of fabric that need to be urgently transformed into costumes for the community's traditional dance at the Laura Festival in 2 weeks time.... that will keep the next few weekends full.


One rather heavy bag of freshly picked oranges from my nonno's orange tree in his back yard... 
(ironically packed in a liquor land bag ~ can't fill it with alcohol so fresh fruit will have to do)


And finally all the goodies to take on the plane.... a bag full of lushess Bali bits & two bags of urgent supplies for home & my laptop which is my only connection to the outside world....


Goodbye 2 wheel drive cars, traffic lights, stop signs & civilization in general... I'm packed and ready to return to the simple life of sustainable community development, peaceful beaches, wide open spaces, weekend sleep-ins, saturday pancakes, & beautiful friends.


There's no place like home... 
Love & light for now xox

2 comments:

ashley said...

wow- what were you doing in your sweet looking community?
i have just moved to south west wa after 3 years teaching a remote community (50 people) and am 23 weeks pregnant, in a first home and moving into a different life,
your blog resonates with me- so amazing that your reflections are so similar to mine,
amazing!
ashley

Tara Lucia Zaicz said...

Amazing.... I was up in Cape York in the most remote Eastern community for over 3 years working in indigenous community development. I'm a cultural anthropologist. Absolutely addicted. I never ever thought I would miss it this much. I left the community at about 20 weeks pregnant too. Very connected to the people and place still. Just think.... amazing journey ahead! x