Saturday, May 16, 2009

Tying up Loose Ends...


As this is my last weekend a home for a couple of weeks, it was time to find enough energy and motivation to tie up a few loose ends...
Thinking of a being blissed out in Bali was enough to ensure that my weekend was productive!

Firstly, I finished off my dearest friend's baby shower invitations (probably the first ever baby shower 
to happen in Lockhart)...I made the invites out of scrap card, vintage paper & little novelty buttons!
Kristy Lea is expecting a beautiful little boy in the next 2 months... 



I then potted up some tropical gingers & crows nests that I've been meaning to do for ages.... our balcony is looking lovely and tropical... the perfect place to drink tea and be absorbed by a book.





With the outside of our house all cleaned up and feeling beautifully fresh, we got started on spring cleaning the inside, moving furniture around and making it feel more at home...
Here's my favorite antique chinese cupboard that arrived safely from Cairns out of storage... now home to a few of my favorite trinkets & an amazing piece of art we received as a wedding present...



Finally... I started to gather the necessities for my Bali holiday into a neat little pile on my bed. How I heart holidays!



 I haven't had a real holiday since our honeymoon last September. Caleb & I are off down to Cairns on Tuesday to spend a lovely few days together - fine dining, going to the movies & doing whatever you normally do in civilization.... 
Then this time next week I will be wondering around the streets of Ubud with my beautiful girlfriend Hannah. 
*So excited*
Looking forward to sharing Bali stories and photos when I return in a few weeks...

For now... love, light & happy holidaying xox

No comments: