Thursday, March 19, 2009

Typical Turtle Thursdays...

Well you wouldn't believe what I saw crossing the road today...
Lucky I was driving slow, because this little fella was in the middle of the road, a long way from home! 
He is little fresh water long neck turtle!



Isn't he just so gorgeous! 
After I cooled him down with some water you could
 see his beautiful colouring. 



After I grabbed a few photos, I drove him out to the local dam (where no one goes fishing or swimming to increase his life chances) & set him free.



What a beautiful peaceful home for him!



After the little guy was set free, I headed to the beach with my beautiful husband to walk our little dogs and enjoy a stroll in the fresh sea breeze.





We are so lucky to live in the beautiful wilderness.

I hope everyone's week has been just as exciting as mine.
When was the last time you saw a turtle cross the road?

Love & light xox 


4 comments:

Sophie Appleby said...

Oh he is so beautiful! What a lovely day, I miss the beach so much, your photos have made my day! xxx

Julie said...

How on earth do you get the colours and clarity with your photos. Do you enhance them or do you have special settings or just a great camera???
xo

Tara Lucia Zaicz said...

Thanks ladies, Soph you can relive the beach through my blog.... Julie, I do all of the above, enhance, special settings and a good digital SLR camera! My goal for this year is to have an exhibition somewhere.... with a theme from 'life in a the wilderness', any suggestions on who to contact?? Much love xox

Megan: The Byron Life said...

Yes, have an exhibition... these are great. Oh, lucky you. What a beautiful place, just beautiful.
x