Monday, March 2, 2009

Shopping Splendor...

I am having a hectic, yet lovely few days in Cairns.
Most of my shopping consists on stocking up on 2 months wroth of food and general household supplies. I felt a little silly pushing a trolley overloaded with shopping - It felt like people were thinking 'oh my god how many kids does this woman have to feed'. It was SO tiring doing this amount of shopping, we don't know when we will be in civilization next so we need to stock up for the next 2-3 months! I don't know which is worst - trying to predict the future on what we need for the next months or actually power walking down the isles trying not to forget anything! Luckily we have my mother who often posts little parcels of things we forgot or ran out of...

So today I took the opportunity to reflect on some little goodies I purchased to spoil us...
I guess people take it for granted when they live close to the shops, I however lap up the opportunity to indulge in some simple 
shopping splendor.


New floor mats for the extra doors in our new house, a new wooden spoon, an upgraded wooden box for all my earrings and bits and pieces, some candle holders for the new house, some much needed undies & sock for both of us, and some birthday presents for upcoming friends birthdays...


Possibly my favorite find of the day was this beautiful journal...
I have been looking for a new one for quite sometime and this one instantly caught my eye with the beautiful indian women on the cover... it also has blank pages which are just waiting to be covered in scribble and cut & paste.


Another find I'm totally excited about are these amazing recycled glasses... an absolute bargain from Myer!
Each one is unique and hand made...

The last favorite purchase I just had to share are these incredible Mogil shoes from one of my favorite Cairns boutiques Tuba Rose.



Well, that's about all the exciting stuff...
I'm longing for Caleb to come to Cairns so we can indulge at the Sebel for a couple of nights courtesy of our dearest friends 
Sophie & Ben - their wedding gift to us. In between chilling out & catching up with friends, we have a few more purchases to make and a lot of things to pack up and put on the barge. 
Hopefully we can make it home on Monday, as they are predicting a cyclone to hit the coast up near Lockhart River by the end of the week... hopefully our house will still be standing when we get back!

Hope you are all having a lovely week.
Love & Light for now xox

1 comment:

Sophie Appleby said...

Hey, honey just wanted to let you know I have tagged you for the Kreativ Blogger award over on my blog! :)
Come over and get your pretty logo.