Friday, March 13, 2009

Ngaachi Lockhart...

After 10 days of pure indulging, we return home to the wilderness of Cape York. Driving from the airport into the community, I feel at home, maybe it's the vast wilderness of forest that rolls out as far as the eye can see, it could be the mighty Iron Range that protects the community by proudly sitting in the background of the landscape, or maybe it's a blue skies & the pure air... 

There are so many things I love about this place, I thought I should share a few of my favorite hidden aesthetics that make this place home... 


I love watching the abundance of life, this is one of many Cairns Bird Wing Flutterbys who lives in our garden.


I love driving to work and seeing the powerful 
Aboriginal flag that flies outside my workplace.


I adore my close relationship with the youth and children who are have embedded themselves deep in my heart... they bring me absolute joy. Here they are painting a large tile for a Q150 exhibition in Brisbane.


Enjoying the simple things in life, such as a lovely dinner with good friends & being a creative cook by turning anything we have in our limited food supply into something divine... 
like my strawberry tart & famous apple crumble!


Up here there are no city life distractions & time is spent day dreaming over cups of tea... I'm starting to read Fragrant Rice in preparation for my next Bali trip, this amazing book found me when I was last in Bali & is a wonderful story about an Australian woman who moved to Ubud and opened Indus, now one of the most famous places to eat... I'm also in love with Miss Kristy Lea's tea cosy collection which she is currently selling on her beautiful tea shop- floating lotus

So there you have it, just a few little reasons why holidays are wonderful and makes coming home so much more exciting.

I hope everyone is having a lovely weekend filled with cups of tea and lots of day dreaming.

xox

3 comments:

Julie said...

I just love birdwings. Also tea is a bit of a theme in my blog reading lately with some teapot ceramic badges on Rain and Shine,tea drinking references on a new blog and Merruli has asked how everyone drinks their tea. We must be having some sort of silent communication with the demigod of beverages!!! Ian & I are going to Bali on 9 May for 2 weeks. We'll be in Ubud at least 6 days after that. Where and when will you be there??
xx

Julie said...

I think my message is a bit jumbled. We go to Legion Beach for 6 nights then we will be staying at a variety of other locations in an unknown order at the time of this writing, including 3 nights at Ubud, 3 nights at Jogjakarta to see Borobudur and Prahbanam (some ancient Vedic- Buddhist and Hindu- temple sites)and a couple of other places.

Tara Lucia Zaicz said...

Hi Julie..... crazy that everyone is talking tea at the moment.... trust me if I had a bottle of red to drink that would take first priority! We will be over there 23rd of May... might just miss you??? How exciting for you, have you read fragrant rice??? It's a beautiful book... you should have a hunt for it in the library. x