Sunday, March 1, 2009

I Heart Vintage Fairies...

This little bit of scribble deserves it's own post as 
it was a special part of my weekend...

While strolling through the markets a little stall caught my eye... A gorgeous Kuranda designer who sources vintage fabrics & unique silks has come up with an amazingly original design for an 
all-in-one handmade dress... inspired by fairies... 

Eleanor Jane's work is absolutely amazing and I couldn't resist buying a very unique and one of a kind little vintage fairy dress...


Amazingly packaged in a silk drawstring bag... with a very clever card of one of her designs made by local Kuranda photographer Natures Face Art.
We were lucky enough to be given one of his original pieces for a wedding present from our dear friends Jasen & Shezi.


You can wear this amazing piece of art up to 7 different ways 
(I'm sure I can discover a few more)...


I adored the vintage earth colours...


Each dress comes with a very gorgeous flower that can be 
worn any way imagined... 

I look forward to keeping a close eye on the amazing works of Eleanor Jane and even asking her to design a very special 
night time outfit for me...
Her pieces are so comfortable & perfect for the tropics... 
They are feminine, floaty & fairy all in one, I think all my beautiful girlfriends would delight in this addition to their wardrobe!

2 comments:

Caleb said...

you look very gorgeous in your new fairy dress. I love it. Your still my anel though!!
love you and your amazing blogs. So clever and creative, not to mention goreous aswell. Or did I already say that. LOVE YOU MY BEAUTIFUL GIRL.

Sophie Appleby said...

Oh it's soooooo beautiful! I think I need one of these beautiful dresses! Looks like you are having a fabulous time. Much love honey xxxx