Saturday, January 24, 2009

Wonderful Weekends & Tie-Dyed Skies...

Finally some sunshine and a little inspiration to post some much belated scribble and photos! We have both been snowed under with work so we were desperately in need for some chill out time on Chilie Beach, possibly one of my favorite places because you know there will be no one else in site. Another excuse to get out of the house is that my beautiful little sister is up visiting, so we knew we had to hit the beach while the weather was perfect!


This is my view from lying on the towel bathing in the sun...


My little sister's piece of art on her back...


Little Todd making the most of the sunshine...


I love tropical days...


Copper cooling down...


Summer lovin...


Chilie Beach is home to an abundance of ancient flora, like this giant pandanus...


We took the opportunity to get some fish and chips from 'out of the blue cafe' at the tiny sea side community of Portland Roads, this cafe is the only one on the east coast of Cape York and about 40 minutes out of Lockhart. We sat on the point, admired the scenery and indulged in not having to cook!


So as you can see we have been making the most of our time with our little sister over the long weekend. Tonight we plan to go spot-lighting in the rainforest in search of the endemic green tree pythons, couscous & tree kangaroos... I hope we are lucky and even luckier to get photos so I can share them... 
For now I will leave you with my favorite photo which I promise are the true colours of the incredible sunsets we have been having lately!



Hope everyone's weekend is filled with as much love & light as ours xox


No comments: