Monday, December 15, 2008

A Mid Summer Dream....


Lately I have been loving weekends, maybe it's because it is the end of the year when everything is a little crazy. My week is filled with trying to ensure funding submissions and service agreements get in by the due date, making sure thirty plus staff are happy, as well as mentoring a number of key council employees (plus my obligations to meetings and general community business). Despite all reasons weekends have never felt so good. Maybe it's the heat of the bright sun, the calm ocean water, and the bluest of blue skies. The beaches and waterholes of Cape York have never been so inviting. I often hear them calling my name...

This weekend Caleb & and I jumped in our new 4wd and headed to Chile Beach to soak up the summer sun. I thought I would share some of my favorite photos with you....

Meet Todd, my larger than life Jack Russell x Foxy. He loves to hang off the back tray and feel the wind on his face while we travel 100Km/hour. His brother Copper feels safer lying in the middle of the tray, far from the dangerous sides.
 


Chile Beach is at it's best this time of the year, when the tide is low, the sky is blue, the water is as flat as glass and as clear as crystal. I'm so lucky this is part of my back yard and soon this will be Caleb's office as he was offered a position as Iron Range National Park Ranger.





Summer in Cape York is incredible and I have learnt from previous years that you make the most of the sunshine before the big rain sets in and seems to linger for months. 





Summer also seems to keep the tourists away because sleeping in the heat of a tent is pretty unbearable this time of year. 
For us however it means that we can have the whole coastline to ourself for during possibly the best season of the year, when everything is a little brighter, clearer, and cool clear water is appreciated.

The only thing we have to share the beach with is the abundance of little animals that live in the white sand.








I'll leave you with a photo I edited - 
I think it would make an interesting screen printing stencil.



For now, love and light have a wonderful week and even better weekend! 


3 comments:

Sophie Appleby said...

Oh I just totally want to be there with you! Looks so amazing! Beautiful photos.. xx

Julie said...

ah! Beautiful Cape York...I sometimes think about going back up there to work...but I think I'll have to live my fantasies through your blog! I can almost smell the place...

Tara Lucia Zaicz said...

Thank you, I wish everyone could just dive into the photos and be here with us..... so much we want to share! Visitors are most welcome at any time.

It's hard not to get a good photo when everything is just so picture perfect! I want to expand on my portraits of the community now and work towards getting a book together.

Much love xox