Sunday, September 7, 2008

Some time to be Inspired....



While in Brisbane I took the opportunity to go and admire the exhibition of Picasso and his Collection at the amazing GoMA.
I spent a few hours being inspired by his perspective of life and the way in which he ever so creatively depicted moments in time. I also found it interesting that Picasso was inspired by Torres Strait Islander art and had many traditional carvings in his collection.
Probably my most favorite part of the exhibition was the old photos of inside Picasso's houses and collection store rooms....it inspired me to keep collecting and maybe one day my hoarding will pay off. Thought it useful to share some words of advice I am taking into consideration from the master himself...



All children are artists.
The problem is how to remain an artist once he grows up.

- Picasso

An idea is a point of departure and no more.
As soon as you elaborate it, it becomes transformed by thought.

- Picasso

Action is the foundational key to all success.

- Picasso

I also bought myself a few little presents including a print of one of my favorite Picasso paintings - Girl Before a Mirror 1932.



No comments: